Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday 29 September 2013


It just hit me that this is going to be my last blog of the year with you. But fear not, as mentioned earlier you can catch me on my blog….originsofhouse.wordpress.com

How does one say goodbye………I cant even tell you about the lesson I learnt, cause a recap that would write a textbook. Wouldn’t want to bombard you with all that information…lol..Plus I take it you’ve been hearing it from the rest of my group members.

Guess all I can say was this has been a life changing experienced, way beyond my wildest imagination when I first entered this course, and for this opportunity I will be forever grateful. Not many people get the chance to experience what I experienced.

I think back of my home town where I see people my age, struggling to find jobs, or working in jobs that they hate, all for the sake of a pay check at the end of the month. What is the use to live a miserable life just for the sake of a pay check? This is something I struggled with in my time in the corporate world.

I now know that it is my duty to take what I learnt and help alleviate the plight of poverty that we experience all around our country. It would be selfish of me to keep all this information to myself, when so many of my brothers and sisters find themselves in dire situations. This is something I owe to myself more than anything. I wouldn’t have lived a content life if I fail to bring change in the lives of those around me.

The journey is going to be long and very treacherous going forward. If this year is anything to go by than the end goal is all worth it. A quote that can come close to summarising what this year has done for me would the one by Steve Jobs.

"Believe that things will work out...Trust your heart even when it leads you off the well-worn path. Trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future" - Steve Jobs

It is with this that I would like to say goodbye, don’t forget where you can catch me on my personal blog. I promise to keep you sharing my experiences with the hope that even if my experiences manage to change one person’s life then I would have done my part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment